Monday, September 10, 2012

Crafting for a new cat!

I recently adopted a 4 year old orange cat from Rescue Express, thanks to a flyer put up at the South Street Whole Foods on South Street.  Even though they are officially located in Media, at least one of their foster homes is in South Philly, near my house!

So our household welcomed Seamus last week.
And do you see that nifty collar on him?  I personalized it!

First, I bought the collar from Accent on Animals, although I wish they had a green one in stock.  But I was impatient, so I thought a red collar for a ginger cat would do as well.
Just your basic breakaway collar with a bell, which Seamus does not appreciate.

Then, with some cotton embroidery thread and a quilting sharp, since I was too lazy to go looking through my craft room for a bigger eye needle, I backstitched away!

I also put my cell phone number, in case our new pal goes running, but of course there is no need to show my cell phone number to the internet!  

No comments:

Post a Comment