Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Another decoupage pumpkin, this time with polka dots!

I went on a quest for orange tissue paper in Center City the other day and it turns out that few places have it.  I also looked for patterned tissue paper, and even less places have anything that fits that bill (including Paper Source).  But I found something to my liking at Papyrus of all places.
You may recognize it from my earlier post about pumpkin decorating parties.  

I used this tissue paper in a modified way to make this:
The color didn't change...the lighting did.  The first picture was shot under flourescent bulbs, the second in sunlight.  What a difference a little natural lighting makes!

To "modify" the design of the tissue paper, I cut out small pieces between the multi-colored confetti and glued it onto a papier-mache pumpkin, again using Aleene's Tacky Glue.  I had to overlap the pieces quite a bit, making the polka dots a little haphazard and some cut in half.  
For the stem, I painted it with Folk Art Acrylic paint (another favorite product of mine) and when it was dry, covered it with more Tacky Glue for a glossy finish.
When I get around to it, I'd like to spray the whole thing with a varnish to protect it from UV rays and drastic fading.

Very simple... and I have to give credit where it is due.  I was originally inspired to do this project by The Smith Family blog, with its leopard print pumpkins.  I'd love to show a picture, but her website doesn't allow linking to pictures.  



No comments:

Post a Comment