Friday, August 17, 2012

some crafty neighbors

As I start this blog, I'd like to give a shout out to some of the crafty people and companies in Philly who inspire me to keep making and doing.  Here is a short list, just to kick things off:

Forage Bow Ties (by Something's Hiding In Here)

Not only do I love that these folks are making fabric accessories right here in the city, as opposed to some country half way around the world, but they "[seek] out deadstock fabric to make their seasonal, limited editions" of their gorgeous bowties.  I found out about them in that amazing mecca of uniquity and handmadedness, Art in the Age.

Stitch and Sip No Libs

A great meet up for knitters, with members from all around the Philly area.  The organizers have plans for a full time knitting studio...more on that later.  Let's just say that they have a bunch of knitting machines and they know how to use them!

Clean Wash Letterpress

The owner has recently moved all of her vintage and antique machinery to a new workshop space, and I am very excited to see what happens next with this shop!  Full disclosure: this is the letterpresser that created my wedding invitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment